This sponsorship will be the largest private donorship for SB3006 to date and will provide funding critical to the operational and community event costs necessary for SB3006 to help execute its mission to enhance the livability of Southbank through community events and advocacy.
DGtek recognises the potential nested within the Southbank community, the scope and opportunity to foster and inspire economies of the future through high performance internet, built by the best – bringing fibre optic cable to Southbank buildings.
For residents in connected buildings, Pineapple Net – a premium Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) internet service provider (ISP) will deliver:
- Highly competitive Internet plans. DGtek owns the network-meaning Pineapple Net do not have to pay the nbn like other ISP’s such as Telstra and Optus
- Symmetrical (equal) upload and download speeds-not currently available through any other ISP.
- A range of internet plans starting from as little as $59p/m for 150/150mbps up to 1 gig for only $119 p/m
Pineapple Net is ten times faster, cheaper and more reliable than a high-end NBN plan.
Southbank residents in the following buildings can connect to a full fibre service from Pineapple Net. The list of buildings is expanding and residents are encouraged to check the status of their property at www.pineapple.net.au
|33 City Road||8 Kavanagh Street|
|163 City Road||22 Kavanagh Street|
|173 City Road||38 Kavanagh Street|
|180 City Road||88 Kavanagh Street|
|183 City Road||100 Kavanagh Street|
|241 City Road||9 Power Street|
|269 City Road||35 Queensbridge Street|
|109 Clarendon Street||7 Riverside Quay|
|22 Dorcas Street||88 Southbank Boulevard|
|1 Freshwater Place||69 Whiteman Street|
|79 Whiteman Street|
|83 Whiteman Street|
|99 Whiteman Street|
Southbank3006, founded in early 2022, has become Southbank’s fastest growing residents’ group with over 1,500+ members and followers. Southbank3006 states its purpose as:
- To enhance the sense of community among residents.
- To improve the livability, safety, and quality of life in Southbank.
- To bring together all residents living in Southbank — low-rise and high-rise in all sectors—as one voice to be heard on issues that are not receiving adequate attention.
- To raise awareness of the diverse range of urban, economic, and social issues that impact Southbank residents.
- To work with council and state government to ensure that the interests of Southbank residents are met and protected.
DGtek’s financial backing was critical to funding last year’s “A Very Merry Friend-mas” event and will continue to do so this year on 9 December 2023 at Boyd Park and Community Hub. The event – featuring live music, food trucks, Santa and elves, pet parade and more – drew over 600 Southbank residents last year.
We are excited to be supporting Southbank3006 as our mission aligns with theirs in providing a product that improves the liveability of Southbank for its residents. We want to partner with and support those organisations in Southbank whose values and goals are congruent with our own. With Pineapple Net, we are bringing the very best internet service Australia has to offer to Southbank residents. Southbank3006 has proven itself to be bringing outstandingcommunity events and advocacy to Southbank residents.
Jody Doran, Head of Marketing and Brand, Pineapple Net/DGtek
This sponsorship is a true testament to DGtek’s investment in and support of the Southbank community. As shepherds of this financial support, we will see that Southbank residents reap its rewards by way of community events and advocacy work. This is truly a landmark investment in the vibrancy of Southbank.
David Hamilton, President Southbank3006
The quality of product and team behind the Pineapple Net brand are exceptional and its product is contributing to helping make Southbank a better place to work and live. We couldn’t be happier to have the support of and be partnering with such an excellent organisation.
MaryKay Rauma, Communications Southbank3006